Town of Clarkson
Clarkson was formed from the Town of Murray, on 2 April 1819. Clarkson was reduced to form the Town of Union (the present town of Hamlin) in 1852. It has been claimed that Moddy Freeman was the first settler in Clarkson. James Sayres purchased at Clarkson Corners in 1804 and was the first settler on the Ridge Road.